GENI End-user Opt-in Working Group
Scope: How do end-users (including Internet users) participate in GENI experiments? What are the various aspects including user interfaces, scheduling, debugging, measurement, archiving data, sandboxes, etc? What are the privacy and legal issues involved in user opt-in?
GPO System Engineer: Harry Mussman
- End-User Opt-In WG at the GEC-5: Agenda, meeting minutes, including all presentations (July 21, 2009)
Meeting Minutes and Presentations
- End-User Opt-In WG "Writing Meeting" in NYC: Agenda, summary and references (April 14, 2009)
- End-User Opt-In WG Meeting at the GEC-4: Meeting minutes, including all presentations (April 2, 2009)
- End-User Opt-In WG Meeting at the GEC-3: Meeting minutes, including all presentations (October 2008)
- GENI User Opt-IN Workshop (July 22, 2008)
- A one-day workshop was held on July 22, 2008 in Cambridge, MA, that was structured to solicit ideas from experts interested in technology, and its impact on society. Conclusions include: the way to attract end-users is (mostly) through getting great applications into GENI slices. Thus, we need to think about how to ensure GENI is application-friendly.
- Final report from the GENI User Opt-In Workshop (July 22, 2008)
- Summary report from the GENI User Opt-In Workshop (July 22, 2008)
- All white papers submitted by the GENI User Opt-In Workshop participants.
- End-User Opt-In WG Meeting at the GEC-2: Presentation (March, 2008)
- End-User Opt-In WG Meeting at the GEC-1: Meeting minutes (October 2007)
- The "GENI End-User Opt-In Overview" document is being drafted.
- The "GENI Strucuture Overview" document is being drafted.
- The RegionalOptIn project is currently developing techniques that can be used for wholesale opt-in of large populations of innocent users. The Requirements for Wholesale Opt-In document describes a strong wholesale opt-in mechanism for GENI. It would permit GENI experimenters to request that ISPs redirect traffic from a huge population of innocent users through GENI infrastructure. This document was reviewed at the GEC4 WG meeting. Your additional comments are welcome.
Documents and References
- Current DRAFT of the GENI End-User Opt-In Overview document.
- Current DRAFT of the GENI Structure Overview document.
- Extensive list of references is included in agenda for April 14, 2009 meeting.
- Contributions on Dartmouth Internet Security Testbed and on CRAWDAD project at Dartmouth College , provided via email on March 30, 2009, by David Kotz � Dartmouth College at CRAWDAD_Experience.
- Aaron Burstein submitted this contribution on May 15, 2009: Issues Relating to Data Acquisition, Retention, Use and Disclosure
New to the End-User Opt-In WG?
- White paper from cycle 1 participants.pdf (0.8 MB) -
7/22/08 opt-in workshop: compendium of white papaers from participants, added by email@example.com on 05/14/09 15:45:02.
- Opt-In Workshop Report-v21.5.pdf (80.5 kB) -
7/22/08 opt-in workshop final report, added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 05/14/09 15:46:18.
- geni-opt-in-0803.ppt (194.5 kB) -
GEC2 end-user opt-in presentation, added by email@example.com on 05/15/09 08:41:42.