Opened 8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago

Last modified 8 years ago

#112 closed defect (fixed)

irods path not correct in production JS for new projects

Reported by: johren@bbn.com Owned by: johren@bbn.com
Priority: major Milestone: GEC21
Component: JobService Version: Sprint4
Keywords: Cc: divyashri.bhat@gmail.com
Dependencies:

Description

I did some testing with a new project today and noticed that the irods path used when I dumped data to iRODS is incorrect. It does not include the project in the path.

Divya helped me dig into a little more and we saw that the irods_path is not correct in Job Service. It should be geni-joTestNew/new01

johren-joTest081101-2014-08-11T21-22-13:
uuid: d71444c5-a763-41f3-8123-62dc41d8d33b
href: http://gimi4.casa.umass.edu:8002/jobs/d71444c5-a763-41f3-8123-62dc41d8d33b
name: johren-joTest081101-2014-08-11T21-22-13
type: job
status: finished
oml_db: postgres://oml2:omlisgoodforyou@128.119.44.12/johren-joTest081101-2014-08-11T21-22-13
irods_path: new01
username: johren
log_file: http://gimi4.casa.umass.edu:8002/logs/d71444c5-a763-41f3-8123-62dc41d8d33b.log

GES seems to have the correct path:

{
type: "project",
uuid: "812aeaf1-8676-4c2c-8226-5dedc8cee997",
href: "/projects/812aeaf1-8676-4c2c-8226-5dedc8cee997",
name: "joTestNew",
path: "geni-joTestNew/",
irods_user: "geni-johren1",
users: [ ],
experiments: [
{
uuid: "2c67ef56-773b-4bff-8222-fc30d4e19c99",
href: "/experiments/2c67ef56-773b-4bff-8222-fc30d4e19c99",
name: "new01",
type: "experiment",
path: "geni-joTestNew/new01/"
},
{
uuid: "4dd03846-7f85-4751-9d86-8e57e715e2ce",
href: "/experiments/4dd03846-7f85-4751-9d86-8e57e715e2ce",
name: "newABC",
type: "experiment",
path: "geni-joTestNew/newABC/"
}
]
}

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by johren@bbn.com

Owner: changed from jack.hong@nicta.com.au to johren@bbn.com
Status: newassigned

Okay, I just ran another experiment with a new context on the same project and it is working now. I need to do some further isolation of this problem. Assigning to myself to do this.

comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by johren@bbn.com

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

I tried reproducing this with two more new projects, new contexts, and new slices. I was not able to reproduce. I will close this as worksforme and reopen if I see it again.

comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by jack.hong@nicta.com.au

The problem should only occur when communication to GES takes a bit longer than normal. I updated the repo to handle that situation.

Refs LW Commit #96fb80b

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.