Changes between Version 4 and Version 5 of SpiralTwoAnnualReview


Ignore:
Timestamp:
07/09/10 15:59:54 (9 years ago)
Author:
Aaron Falk
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • SpiralTwoAnnualReview

    v4 v5  
    77Dear Project PIs:
    88
    9 We are coming to a close of Spiral 2 and it is time for the GPO to take stock of the performance of each of the engineering and development projects.  Given the size of the development community it is not feasible to ask each of you to travel to Cambridge to meet with us, as we did last year.  Nor can we fit in the large number of meetings during a GEC.  This year we are going to use a series of WebEx teleconferences to walk through a short set of project status slides.  Projects are going to be grouped by their primary contribution (e.g., aggregate, control framework, tool, meso-scale deployment).  In some cases we are splitting one topical group in two to keep the group size manageable.  Large projects will have 20 minutes and small projects will have 10 minutes to discuss their progress against their Spiral 2 milestones and other accomplishments, issues, and plans.  Unlike last year, we are going to defer lengthy discussion of Spiral 3 to slightly later although we would like to hear your thoughts to seed that follow-on discussion.
     9We are coming to a close of Spiral 2 and it is time for the GPO to take stock of the performance of each of the engineering and development projects.  Given the size of the development community it is not feasible to ask each of you to travel to Cambridge to meet with us, as we did last year.  Nor can we fit in the large number of meetings during a GEC.  This year we are going to use a series of !WebEx teleconferences to walk through a short set of project status slides.  Projects are going to be grouped by their primary contribution (e.g., aggregate, control framework, tool, meso-scale deployment).  In some cases we are splitting one topical group in two to keep the group size manageable.  Large projects will have 20 minutes and small projects will have 10 minutes to discuss their progress against their Spiral 2 milestones and other accomplishments, issues, and plans.  Unlike last year, we are going to defer lengthy discussion of Spiral 3 to slightly later although we would like to hear your thoughts to seed that follow-on discussion.
    1010
    1111As usual, scheduling this many teleconferences will be very challenging and I ask you all for your forbearance regarding the inevitable inconvenience this will cause.  To ensure no funding gap for year 3 we would like to have the calls between August 25 and September 2nd.  If you cannot attend the assigned time of your call please delegate a substitute who can discuss your progress to attend on your behalf.  In exceptional cases, we may reschedule reviews for later.
    1212
    13 I'm attaching at !PowerPoint template for each project.  Please complete each slide as instructed on the template and do not add additional slides.  Again, the goal of this discussion is to assess your project's progress against the statement of work agreed to at the beginning of the year.   While there are many interesting technical topics we could dig into, I ask that you keep the focus on this goal.  If you have more than one project, please complete separate slide packages for each.
     13I'm attaching at !PowerPoint template for each project [attachment:"Spiral 2 Project Review template 9Jul10.pptx" here].  Please complete each slide as instructed on the template and do not add additional slides.  Again, the goal of this discussion is to assess your project's progress against the statement of work agreed to at the beginning of the year.   While there are many interesting technical topics we could dig into, I ask that you keep the focus on this goal.  If you have more than one project, please complete separate slide packages for each.
    1414
    1515The GPO will use this meeting as input to our process of evaluating the value provided to GENI by each project.  Chip and I will consult with the project system engineers and to get to a decision on which projects will have their options renewed and be extended into GENI Spiral 3.
    1616
    17 This information will be posted at http://groups.geni.net/geni/wiki/SpiralTwoAnnualReview.  This wiki page will have the most up-to-date scheduling, format, and other information.   As mentioned above, we will be using WebEx for the project review sessions.  If you've never used WebEx I suggest that you try it out before the meeting and confirm that your computer is compatible.  (If you need assistance, contact me.)  We will use the GENI teleconference number for voice.  In addition, please post your !PowerPoint slides to the wiki page.
     17This information will be posted at http://groups.geni.net/geni/wiki/SpiralTwoAnnualReview.  This wiki page will have the most up-to-date scheduling, format, and other information.   As mentioned above, we will be using !WebEx for the project review sessions.  If you've never used !WebEx I suggest that you try it out before the meeting and confirm that your computer is compatible.  (If you need assistance, contact me.)  We will use the GENI teleconference number for voice.  In addition, please post your !PowerPoint slides to the wiki page.
    1818
    1919