GENI Educational Kits using Wireless Sensor Networks
PI: Anish Arora, The Ohio State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ohio State University
GPO Liaison System Engineer
GPO System Engineer: Mark Berman
This project will develop easy-to-instantiate educational kits for sensor network experiments that are integrated into GENI. The project will also develop accompanying materials for training users and operators, and conduct training sessions and field studies with educational partners who adopt these kits. The kits will focus on sensor networks based on wireless and battery powered devices such as motes and smartphones used in static and mobile settings. The target users of these kits are non-expert users i.e. students and educators in the basic sciences, social sciences and engineering disciplines other than network engineering.
- A virtual machine image of our Kansei Genie sensor network management software is available from our KanseiGenie Portal website. The virtual machine image allows plug-and-play capability for deploying a small sensor network from a laptop in a classroom educational setting.
- Initial lesson plans using light, temperature, and sound sensors were demonstrated at GEC14.
- SENSORKITS: S4.a GEC12 (Completed early 11/02/11)
- SENSORKITS: S4.b GEC13 (Completed on time 03/15/12)
- SENSORKITS: S4.c GEC14 (Completed early 07/11/12)
Project Technical Documents
GEC12 Presentation Presentation delivered at GEC12.
GEC14 Presentation Presentation delivered at GEC14 Curriculum Workshop.
GEC14 Poster Poster delivered at GEC14 describing BAK Kits.
BAK-Kit Launching Site: The Benchtop mini-Array Kit (BAK) is the first version of our lightweight software for managing mobile sensor arrays connected to GENI. It is self-contained in a single virtual machine image.
KanseiGenie Portal The Kansei Genie portal for fixed sensor testbeds.
Post-GEC Status Reports
- OSU_Sensor_Kits-Spring_2012-Status_Report.pdf (386.4 kB) -
SENSORKITS-SP12-Status-Report, added by email@example.com on 06/21/12 09:57:40.
- OSU_Sensor_Kits-GEC12-BAKPAK.pdf (2.2 MB) -
SENSORKITS-GEC12-BAKPAK, added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 06/21/12 10:25:15.
- OSU_Sensor_Kits-Summer_2012-Status_Report.pdf (69.5 kB) -
SENSORKITS-SU12-Status-Report, added by email@example.com on 07/25/12 19:02:43.
- OSU_Sensor_Kits-Spiral_Four-Annual_Report.pdf (97.1 kB) -
SENSORKITS-SpiralFour-AnnualReport?, added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 08/17/12 18:46:57.