side by side
lines around each change
White space changes
08/06/12 10:47:30 (1 year ago)
== Synopsis of Session ==
First combined I&M and Monitoring GEC session.
There is lots of data being collected in GENI using a variety of tools. We want to share tools and data.
First, shared background on Monitoring and I&M tools:
* '''Kevin Bohan''' demoed GMOC monitoring of GENI slices, resources, and aggregates
* '''Anirban Mandal''' described an XMPP based pub-sub service using GENI client authentication
* '''Martin Swany''' described GEMINI support for active measurements
* '''Prasad Calyam''' provided a case study of experimenter use of active measurement
Second, discussed common concerns.
'''Jeanne Ohren''' set the stage by describing some known open questions then lead a discussion ...
Three (perhaps unsurprising) issues in common:
1. Clock synchronization
2. Consistent shared naming
There are actually 2 distinct types of authentication of interest to this group:
1. GENI user accessing resources
2. machine to machine data sharing
Consistent shared naming
* Example: unique naming of slices
- URN is human-readable, UUID is unique over time
- So standardize on both (URN and UUID)
- AM API v3, monitoring and at least one I&M project have adopted this convention
* Consistent naming for describing topologies
- Monitoring, I&M, & stitching communities interested
- Some ideas may exist and we will discuss after GEC.
GENI Home Page