This is a partial list of documents related to Cluster B integration. Additional documents may be found on the project and GPO pages.
Cluster B Integration Meeting on February 13, 2009
A Cluster B integration meeting was organized by the GPO and held in Denver on February 13, 2009, to review and agree on how networking aggregates will be supported by the Cluster B GENI control plane in Spiral 1. Key technical contributors for the PlanetLab and Enterprise GENI projects attended, along with representatives from other networking projects in Cluster B, and the SPP (server) project. The PI from the !ProtoGENI project also attended, since !ProtoGENI must support networking and interoperate with PlanetLab. See below for copies of slides and related documents.
The Cluster B control framework is based on PlanetLab, which has well established arrangements for interfacing with nodes (servers) that can include links. The PlanetLab GENI project has provided “GENIwrapper ” code that could be used to independently develop an Aggregate Manager for a networking entity; currently the GpENI project intends to use this interface design approach.
However, the Enterprise GENI project examined the PlanetLab code and expressed concerns about the time and effort it may take to integrate OpenFlow equipment and meet their deployment goals given the current state of the code and interfaces. Instead, they suggested the introduction of a “lightweight” protocol, fully defined by a WSDL, for use between a modified Cluster B Slice Manager (SM) and a new “lightweight” Aggregate Manager (AM) that would be part of the OpenFlow equipment. Guido Appenzeller presented a detailed proposal of their approach at the meeting.
After a lively and candid discussion among all parties, an approach was formulated and agreed upon to allow the introduction of a “lightweight” protocol into Cluster B, and support it alongside existing protocols. This seems to have the lowest risk in meeting Spiral 1 integration goals. A “starter kit” of code for the new AM and a modified SM will be provided by the Enterprise GENI project (Guido Appenzeller). In particular, Enterprise GENI proposed to write the first revision of the WSDL file to define the Web Services interface. Then, the PlanetLab GENI project (Larry Peterson) will integrate this code into their SM so that both approaches would be supported during Spiral 1, on a project by project basis. This should allow the Enterprise GENI project to meet their ambitious deployment goals, and it will exercise a “lightweight” protocol within Cluster B and GENI.
Other topics were discussed durithat GENI should begin to focus RSpec for resource description.
Spiral 1 Requirements. Enterprise GENI/PlanetLab Milestones. - Heidi Picher Dempsey, GPO
Cluster B Options for Enterprise GENI (and other projects). Harry Mussman, GPO
Enterprise GENI. - Guido Appenzeller, Enterprise GENI, Stanford Univ
GpENI Great Plains Environment for Network Innovation. - Caterina Scoglio, GpENI
Mid-Atlantic Crossroads MAX. - Chris Tracy, MAX
DRAFT PlanetLab GENI Control Framework Overview. Harry Mussman, GPO
PlanetLab Implementation of the Slice-Based Facility Architecture. - Larry Peterson, PlanetLab, Princeton Univ
Notes & Actions:
Notes from meeting, with summary and action items. - Harry Mussman, GPO
DRAGON notes received from Chris Tracy on 030909 - Chris Tracy, MAX
First release of GENILight, GENI wrapper code customized for Enterprise GENI - Rob Sherwood, EnterpriseGENI
Project Review 06-30-2009
- PlanetLab (no slides)
- EnterpriseGeni slides
- GushProto (no slides)
- ProvisioningService (Raven) slides
- Mid-Atlantic Crossroads
- GpENI (no slides)
- Internet Scale Overlay Hosting slides
GEC6 Cluster B Meetings
- sfa_Nov2008_vs_Feb2009.pdf (2.0 MB) -
changes between the Nov2008 and Feb2009 versions of the SFA document, added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 02/17/09 15:10:05.
- Enterprise Geni.pdf (3.1 MB) - added by email@example.com on 02/17/09 17:05:15.
- Presentation1-BR.pdf (92.0 kB) - added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 02/17/09 17:08:44.
- MANFRED-13Feb2009-DenverMeeting.pdf (6.2 MB) - added by email@example.com on 02/17/09 17:14:10.
- 021309_Cluster_B_Options.pdf (506.8 kB) - added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 02/17/09 17:30:00.
- pl_x_geni.pdf (25.8 kB) - added by email@example.com on 02/17/09 17:34:26.
- PL-EntG.pdf (72.7 kB) - added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 02/17/09 17:35:10.
- Larry_Feb_13.wav (36.2 MB) -
audio of Larry Peterson's presentation and discussion, added by email@example.com on 02/19/09 14:39:31.
- 030909 DRAGON_Notes.docx (34.3 kB) -
DRAGON notes from Chris Tracy 030909, added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 03/09/09 18:22:40.
- topology-example-xml.png (189.8 kB) -
Topology example from Chris Tracy on 030909, added by email@example.com on 03/09/09 18:23:04.
- 022709b_ver1.1_ClusterB_Meeting.pdf (161.7 kB) - added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 03/11/09 11:09:21.
- 2-13-09-cluster-b-invite.txt (3.5 kB) - added by email@example.com on 03/16/09 17:36:00.
- spp-status-6-2009.pdf (1.9 MB) -
SPP project status, added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 07/10/09 16:32:02.
- EnterrpriseGENIProjReview1.pdf (219.1 kB) - added by email@example.com on 07/29/09 10:33:37.
- RavenSpiral1Review.pdf (219.1 kB) - added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 07/29/09 10:58:12.
- gec-11-2009.pptx (2.0 MB) -
Internet-Scale Overlay Hosting Project Status Report, added by email@example.com on 11/17/09 14:37:39.
- gec6.pptx (179.9 kB) -
Raven project slides from GEC6 meeting, added by firstname.lastname@example.org on 12/01/09 18:32:20.